Friday, August 28, 2009

Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo!

Well, since I posted about our beautiful new doggie, I figured I should give Eeny, Meeny, Miney and Mo equal time. Who are they you ask?! Our chickens of course! They are 4 beautiful Buff Orpingtons, born on April 11th. We got them in the mail (yes, I did say in the mail!) when they were just a day old (well, actually our 4H leader received them in the mail, and then we picked them up a few days later when we were finally ready to take the plunge!). Here are a few pictures of them - they haven't started laying eggs yet, but we can't wait until they do!

Here they are just a few days old ...



They lived in this box in our laundry room for quite a while ... it took a bit of time to build the 'chicken mansion'!



They sure have grown!






And, now pictures of the 'chicken mansion'! Although now it is fully enclosed and I realized as I was posting this that I don't have a picture of it completely done! Ah, something more to do another day ...




No comments:

Post a Comment